Flowers in the house deserve special attention and proper care, so you need to select a pot for each type of plant. Beautiful planters create coziness, but are it convenient for your plant to grow inside it? The health of your flower depends on the favorable conditions and the type and size of the pot. Experts-growers advise to choose natural materials, and ceramic here is the best choice. On the website of the online store Getpotted.com, you can choose not only a quality but also a beautiful ceramic planter of different shapes and colors. Here you can create optimal conditions for your plants for it health and comfort. We know that a healthy plant is growing fast and ceramic pots are an optimal choice for their growing. Here you can choose any flower pot for any plant – it will be a beautiful and fashionable addition to your interior. Such pots are used not only for flowering plants, but also for ornamental shrubs, flowers and trees.
Clay, from which such pots are made, is a natural material found in nature. The hydrated water contained in such pots serves as an excellent thermo regulator. In winter, the plant feels warm in this pot, and in the summer it is cool here. Undisputed advantage of this type of pot, if it is not covered with glaze, is its naturalness. Excessive moisture evaporates through the walls of the vessel, due to the porosity of the material and the roots of the plant are saturated with oxygen. Unfortunately, gypsum counterfeits appeared on the market, which do not have a set of useful properties. You can distinguish them by the sound. With a slight impact, this gypsum pot produces a deafening sound than its clay version. Plants grown in such ceramic plant pots, feel better. Due to their weight, such dishes are more stable and more suitable for growing large plants, including trees.
There are some important points that you need to take into account if you want to buy the right pot and give your plant favorable conditions:
- pots made of ceramics are very stable, but they do not weigh much, unlike pots made of natural stone. It will be convenient for you to move the ceramic pot in the room, move it to the sunlight or put it in the shade;
- your flower will “breathe” in such pot, and you do not need to loosen the soil. Also, moisture evaporates faster, so the roots of the plant will not rot;
- ceramic pots look very natural, due to their color. Be sure that such pot will not burn out in the sun;
- clay does not allow the pot to heat up, so the root system will be safe even on a hot summer day;
- there is a large drainage hole in ceramic pots, and it is very convenient.
Like any type of flower pots, the ceramic type can also have certain disadvantages. The clay pot is very fragile, be careful and avoid falling, crackling or knocking. This material is quite porous, so too cold temperatures can lead to freezing of the roots and to the death of the plant or flower. The roots of the plant can “stick” to the walls of the ceramic pot, so you need to carefully get them out if you decide to change the planter.
There are a few simple tips for using ceramic flower planters:
- If you bought a new pot of ceramics, then put it in the water for a couple of hours to get out of it harmful salts, gas or traces of burning clay. This will help the pot to soak up water so that it does not take this moisture from the roots of the plant.
- These types of pots do not need to be painted or wrapped with foil.
- Keep an eye on the condition of the inside of the pot so that the mold does not appear there.
- Before transplanting the flower into a ceramic pot, experts advise putting it in a chlorinated solution for several days.