First of all, we have to define what is known by minimalist style. And it is that minimalism is a trend and artistic trend that refers to a maxim from the aspect of interior design, which is none other than decorating with the smallest number of possible and basic elements in order to gain in functionality, sobriety and in space, where the ornamentation (furniture, paintings etc.) is in the second visual plane and the architectural elements are the protagonists of the minimalist decoration. In this article, we will discuss how to decorate the interior design of a modern home in a minimalist style.
This trend is based precisely on that concept. In the fact of taking advantage of the entire space of the room and, for this, you cannot saturate it with an excess of elements such as tables, furniture or chairs. There is only room for what is considered as strictly necessary and basic.
How to decorate the interior design of a modern home in a minimalist style
- The minimalist style and its ideas
- Tips for minimalist decoration
- Textile and fabrics
Ideas to decorate the interior design of a modern home in a minimalist style
Within this style, it can be said that there are three fundamental pillars on which everything is going to be sustained.
- On the one hand, we have the fact of reducing to the maximum everything that has to do with artistic elements. With this, reference is made by examples to the paintings and those elements that hang on the walls. It is a dematerialization.
- The decorative elements that are placed on a piece of furniture must be reduced to the minimum expression since they overload in general and the sense of amplitude so necessary in this case is not achieved.
- The environment that is built must be useful, usable, simplicity, precision in the finishes, details and with essential geometry and rectilinear. It can be said that the room you want to decorate should be to live it and not to install furniture.
But at the same time, it is not only about “interior design or pure decoration”, it is also a philosophy of understanding life at home. Keep reading….http://healthyflat.com/small-living-spaces/
Tips to decorate the interior design of a modern home in a minimalist style
- Before starting to decorate, a usual practice of architecture professionals is first a review of self-knowledge, asking three key points:
- With what purpose and purpose is used the space that we will decorate and what activities are going to be done.
- How are we going to enjoy this space? What are we doing?
- How many people will participate in that space? If we will be the whole family if it is a room only for sleeping if it is a work zone etc.
And very convenient to make a small sketch or outline of the rooms (If possible with measurements) and go looking and adding what we really need, first the main thing and its layout (Example: type of floor, bathroom furniture or sofa in the dining room), and subsequently the less essential elements.
- There is a bad belief that everything we buy is usually cheaper than what is made to measure. Actually, it is not always this way, so before going to buy minimalist furniture or objects like crazy, ask and much, possibly we save a few money, whatever the final option we take.
- In the case that you intend to decorate a house, a good idea would be to start from the living room and go out to the rest of the rooms). Keep in mind that the room is the place where you spend the most time and therefore it is the most attention to be paid.
- In any room, we must try by all means to eliminate those elements that only serve as ornamentation. Space is vital and must be earned in every corner of it. Sobriety, order, and highlight the architectural details are the key tips of a good interior design in the trend of less is more.
- Modern minimalist kitchens should prioritize and merge aesthetics with functionality. Spaces clean of objects, wide, with light colors preferably white and its tonalities in furniture and cabinets, and without ornamentation. Good advice for kitchens, in the case of stools or chairs in the kitchen it is better to use raw materials in front of the view, such as wood or steel and if possible. Continue reading….http://houseilove.com/coming-up-with-the-best-house-kitchen/
- If we look for a minimalist bathroom, the ideal is to have smooth walls without tiles or tiles to avoid distorting the perfection of the wall, in case we cannot use large tiles that reduce the joints.
In the case of the floor, avoid using coverings that have joints to have a sense of continuity in the same style as the walls although if wood parquet is used it is perfect for the sensation of warmth in bathrooms. Light colors in furniture and materials should be noble, wood, steel or even glass if we talk about the smaller objects such as soap bars or towel rails and always furniture with straight lines.
Colors to decorate the interior design of a modern home in a minimalist style
- Regarding the colors, within the advice against minimalist style is always recommended to choose monochromatic colors, i.e., tones that do not differ much from each other. Otherwise, you can fall into the error of creating a space with many contrasts and therefore very strident, which also would do nothing but give the feeling of being in a very small space and outside the style of this minimalist trend.
- To decorate the small rooms with colors must have a point in mind if the ceilings are low should be painted light colors, preferably white, so we will feel spacious in the room.
- To decorate large rooms with high ceilings we must give a more coherent visual space so as a trick we will paint the ceiling with two shades darker than the walls.
Furniture to decorate the interior design of a modern home in a minimalist style
- With regard to furniture in minimalist decoration should be encouraged to provide furniture with straight lines design, with basic plans and without ornamentation, and perfectionist finishes and detailed on the basis of simplicity but useful at the same time. The materials of the same are recommendable that they are the steel or the wood (noble Materials) since they transmit a sensation of sobriety really interesting. The surfaces of the same must be smooth and with straight lines and geometric, as has been said, is that the feeling of space is predominant.
- Low-height furniture with shades that can be raw or light should preferably be used. One tip is to use rectangular furniture if the room is small, the perspective of length and breadth, if the room is long, we must use rather a square furniture in this way we will reduce the feeling of depth.
- A touch of glass in the room can come very well because it brings that subtlety of transparency and can be taken with a common thread that connects all the elements of the rooms.
Textile and fabrics to decorate the interior design of a modern home in a minimalist style
- We must emphasize the fabrics that are used to upholster a sofa or cushions, a set of chairs or the one used in the curtains. In this case, the fabrics have to have colors of the same style as the rest of the set to provoke a minimalism as a whole. We must enhance the feeling of tranquility and relaxation, so prints should also be avoided.
- As a final point, it must be said that today there are many specialized stores where you can find elements of this style. They are not particularly expensive items, so if we add this fact to having hardly any furniture, we could say without fear of making a mistake that we are dealing with a real economic, modern and avant-garde style at the same time.
We hope you will like these tips to decorate the interior design of a modern home in minimalist style. We want your comments and suggestions to improve our ideas. Thank you and have a great day!Tags: A modern home in a minimalist style, Entire space of the room, How to decorate the interior design