How to clean earrings? This question often comes to our mind and many of us don’t know its answer. So, read this article for cleaning your beautiful earrings without ruining them.
Earrings can accumulate and catch a layer of dirt, sweat, grease, shampoo, etc. This buildup is the main reason for losing the shine of your earrings and this could be more irritating on the skin around it as well as it can increase the high risk for infection. There are certainly many easy ways to clean your earrings as well as to shimmer and disinfected them again.
Follow these simple appropriate instructions below to clean your earrings safely by yourself.
Table of Contents
How to clean earrings: Gold
Many homemade cleaners can be used for cleaning gold earrings. Be careful while cleaning your gold earrings because it’s a very soft metal.
Soapy water: This is one of the easiest and most effective homemade cleaners. At first, make a mixture of soap and water and then soak the gold earrings in there for about 30 minutes. After soaking your gold earrings brush them gently with a soft and small brush. Now, rinse the gold earrings with water thoroughly, and with the help of a lint-free cloth dry them gently. Gold is a soft metal, so try this method if you have difficulty reaching the spot.
Rubbing Alcohol: In some rubbing alcohol, submerge your gold earrings for about a couple of minutes. This helps in dissolving oils, grime, and dirt as well as preventing the disinfectant. Don’t use this method, if there have any stones in your gold earrings where the adhesive is used for holding them in place and this method can dissolve the stone.
How to clean earrings: Silver
For earrings, silver earrings are one of the popular choices among others because their color goes pretty well with any outfit at any time. To keep your silver earrings at it’s best you need to clean them regularly.
Things which will be needed:
- A soft brush
- Water (Boiling)
- Aluminum foil
- Baking soda
- At first, with aluminum foil line a glass dish.
- Then with baking soda coat the earrings.
- Pour boil water over the silver earrings for creating a paste consistency.
- At last, use a soft brush to scrub over your silver earrings. This helps in loosening the oxides and dirt on your jewelry.
- Keep doing this until your silver earrings start sparkling.
- After finishing, rinse it with warm water and then use a soft cotton cloth to dry it.
How to clean earrings: Pearls
The pearl earrings are delicate and beautiful and deserve caring.
- At first, use a wet cloth gently to wipe each of the pearls.
- Then, dab the pearl earrings using a clean cloth for removing the excess water.
- Dry your pearl earrings for about half an hour.
- At last, store it inside a dry place (Jewellery box, etc)
How to clean earrings: Diamond
Diamond earrings are very beautiful and they might be a token and symbol of your loved ones. Therefore, you need to keep your diamond earrings amazing and dazzling for upcoming years.
- Firstly, soak the earrings in soapy water (a mixture of dish soap and water) for around half an hour. Note: Use mild detergent for avoiding further damage to your earrings.
- After finishing soaking your diamond earrings, brush them gently with a small soft brush.
- Rinse your earrings with clean water and then dry them either with a soft lint-free cloth or in air dry.
All of the cleaning methods above are pretty simple. However, before starting identify the stone or metal. Clean your beautiful earrings once every week for keeping them sparkling, and shining and also to look like a new one. I hope this article was helpful!