Taking down celling fan from ceiling can be a challenging task for anyone who has never done it before. It is essential to know a few tips and guidelines that will simplify the task for you. Here are some basic guidelines that you must follow to take down a celiling fan from your home.
How to take down a ceiling fan?
The first thing that you need to do is switch off the electricity to the fan. This is the most critical step in this task.
The next thing that you need to do is take down all of the light bulbs which are attached with your celling fan. After making sure that you have taken down all of them, remove a few screws from underneath which hold up canopy below it. You will find these screws under light bulbs sockets .
Once you have removed all the screws, take down the entire canopy. Now, put on gloves and pull out wires of your ceiling fans one by one. Ensure that when you are doing this act no power is passing through it. This will reduce the risk of getting shock or injury in hand.
After pulling out all the wires, you need to pull down your blades one by one. You can do this easily by pushing up at the center of each blade until it is loosened from its lock in order to take them down safely.
Now, you are ready to install new fan in ceiling. Make sure that you have put all the screws in each of their respective holes before installing the canopy back to the ceiling. Don’t forget to switch on the electricity and try your new celling fan .
What to consider before taking down a ceiling fan?
There are a few things that you need to consider before taking down your ceiling fan. This will ensure that the task is simple and quick for you.
1. You should always switch off the electricity to the ceiling fan before touching any of its wiring connections or electrical wires.
2. If you want to avoid getting injured in hand, it is recommended to wear gloves while taking down the ceiling fan.
3. If you are new at assembling ceiling fans, make sure you read the instruction manual first which comes along with your ceiling fan. These manuals have step by step guidelines on how to take down a ceiling fan safely and quickly.
4. It is important to stay safe and avoid getting shocked when you are removing wires, screws or taking down your ceiling fan.
5. If you want to hang up the celling fans again, always double-check that there is no wiring or electrical connection behind it before putting back all screws for installing it.
It is very easy to take down any ceiling fan if you know the right way to do it. All you need is a little bit of professional help and this task can be easily done by anyone.Tags: ceiling fan, take down