The best thing about having a tankless water heater is that it is considered “green” and therefore very beneficial for the environment. However, as with any mechanical device, there is some maintenance and upkeep that needs to be put forth to ensure that everything runs smoothly. In that spirit, here are some maintenance tips to keep in mind when owning a tankless water heater Austin.
1. The first thing that should always be done is to remove the heater from its power source. This can usually be done by either shutting the main gas supply off or by turning off the circuit breaker on the wall.
2. The next step is to disconnect all three of the water valves that are connected to the heater. This will be a hot water valve, cold water valve, and a third valve which is what water comes into the house through.
3. From the hot water and cold water valves, it will be necessary to remove the purge valves. these are typically shaped like a “T”. This procedure is necessary to remove any pressure from the pipes that has built up.
4. The manufacturer of the tankless water heater Austin should have provided a set of hosing lines that are used to drain the water from the heater to the empty buckets you have for drainage purposes. If they did not, or if perhaps the heater was purchased used, the hosing lines you will need can be purchased at virtually any hardware store that has a plumbing section.
5. Under no circumstances should harsh chemicals be used to clean the water heater. Since in most cases the source of the drinking water in the home is processed through the water heater, it could be very dangerous to clean the tank in such a fashion. The experts at Daniel’s Austin recommend only using white vinegar to clean the tank. As odd as it may sound, the vinegar will do a tremondous job of cleaning out the mideral deposits and scales which can accumulate in the tank itself.
As can be seen in this article, it quite easy to maintain a clean and sanitary water heater tank by yourself. However, if for any reason you feel that professional assistance may be a better option, do no hesitate to contact a professional company such as Daniel’s Austin to help get the job done. They have the expertise needed to complete it to your satisfaction.