My home is my castle. We all know this expression, but what does it mean to you? To many of us, home is the place where we find peace in this crazy world. That is why we want to experience harmony and surround ourselves with coziness when at home. Another point is that our home’s design is a reflection of our tastes and preferences. Every detail is essential as it affects the inhabitants of the house, as well their mood and the whole atmosphere.
Design services are extremely popular when it comes to interior solutions. Thus, professional interior design software comes to the rescue to make all your wildest dreams come true. Perhaps, it will take you some time to master it, so better ensure that all your other business is under control. For this, turn to good old outsourcing.
By sending your assignment to a professional paper writing service like WritePaper, you are killing two birds with one stone. First, you save yourself from displeased teachers, low grades, and numerous deadlines. Second, you free up time and energy for what really inspires you, namely interior design. So, let’s explore the benefits of using software for it.
It Simplifies Your Life Greatly
Do you need a collage, a sketch of the future interior, a drawing, or a visualization? Fortunately, today, there are tools for any task. They speed up the process of creating a project, so you won’t deal with cardboard prototypes or paper drawings.
It Has Huge Functionality
Interior design tools can
- create collages and mood boards to show the concept of the future interior;
- develop plans with all dimensions and drawings for the project, calculate building materials, and make an approximate estimate;
- arrange furniture and appliances, select lighting and finishes, or change shapes, textures, and sizes;
- make realistic pictures or virtual 3D tours of the apartment;
- modify the project – for example, increase or decrease the size of a wall.
It Differs in Terms of Price and Level of Complexity
There are various design tools, for instance, professional and amateur, which are suitable for beginners. They differ in the type of tasks and the difficulty of mastering them. Of course, there is paid and free software. Moreover, you can sometimes test a demo version of a paid program and buy the subscription later.
As a rule, if the designer works for a company, it takes on the software costs. In addition, when it comes to educational institutions and online courses, programs can usually be used at a discount or for free.
You Create Plans and Drawings
Let’s explore the functions mentioned above using Archicad as an example. It is suitable for both professionals and beginners. Why? Working in it is convenient and simple. Even more, here, you can design everything from the floor plan with dimensions to the final project.
The project can be created both in a flat 2D format and in a three-dimensional one. It is super cool: imagine adding blinds to a window in a drawing and seeing how they look in a 3D format at once.
Archicad enables you to prepare all construction drawings, be it a plan with measurements, new walls, furniture, electrical, and so on. Therefore, why not draw up an estimate of building materials and then give it to the construction workers?
Another amazing thing about Archicad is that you can track changes here. All parts of the project are interconnected: if something is changed in one place, this will be seen in the general scheme and all related drawings.
You Visualize Ideas
It may sound surprising, but many experienced designers love Photoshop. Yes, here, you can’t make construction drawings or project estimates, but it’s possible to visualize your ideas and make presentations.
So, Photoshop is perfect for
- collecting mood boards and making sketches: you are free to cut and add objects or pictures and change their size and layers;
- creating a three-dimensional layout and applying textures, materials, or furniture to the drawing;
- coming up with collages for future designs.
You Work on Аrchviz
One of the main purposes of design software is to create photorealistic architectural renderings. It is Archviz that shows how the project will look in reality. You can add sunlight from the window, turn on the lamp, put a bedspread on the sofa, and it will look like the real thing.
For instance, the 3ds Max program is a great choice if you are to
- customize your own library of interior elements: why not download textures and furniture from the Internet?
- create three-dimensional objects, such as furniture or decorations, and add them to the project or library;
- draw the plan you already have in a 3D format.
You Enjoy the Combination of Sketching and 3D Visualization
Some programs, such as SketchUp, provide features for both sketching and 3D visualization. That is why it is so appreciated not only by interior designers but also by architects and engineers. You’d better try it if you wish to
- create construction drawings;
- work on layouts, surfaces, textures, and furniture: you can easily change the dimensions, colors, or sizes of individual elements;
- turn to cloud storage to upload projects and ideas from there;
- come up with interior, landscape, or furniture design;
- share finished projects on the Internet or study other people’s work for inspiration.
As you can see, the opportunities are limited only by your imagination.
You Take Advantage of User-Friendly Design
In fact, there are simpler programs than the ones mentioned above. For example, pay attention to Planner 5D: it’s an online service for computers and phones suitable for professionals and beginners. The tool has a friendly interface, so you can create three-dimensional plans and designs without any special skills and preparation.
- There are all the standard features for interior design, allowing you to work in 2D and 3D modes.
- The library has more than five thousand objects (including patterns and textures) that you can upload. However, not all are available for free. Also, you can come up with your own version based on the finished one; just change the colors or adjust the sizes.
- Users can decorate the exterior, too, adding a garage, lawn, garden furniture, and so on.
Working on several platforms is more comfortable than ever. For example, you can create an apartment plan in a laptop browser and arrange furniture on a smartphone when on the road.
If you are just getting started in the world of design, choose Planner 5D. It’s a free and simple program that has all the basic features you’ll need. At the same time, you can master the foundations of Photoshop for creating collages and simple photo editing. As for professional design, better pick up Archicad and SketchUp. And for visualization, select 3ds Max.
Finally, here’s a piece of advice for both experienced designers and amateurs: watchfulness is key. Mastering tools is not enough if you wish to create something really outstanding! So, develop your taste. Learn how the interiors are arranged, how colors are combined, and so on. The more similar analyzes you make, the easier it will be for you to make wise design decisions.