Are you thinking of studying Architecture in Europe? If so, this article may interest you. Architecture is an extremely interesting discipline in which technical and artistic skills are combined. If you are from Europe, get an idea about the Architecture Master in Europe. In principle, an architect is an artist since he creates from his imagination and inventiveness how space can be arranged.
What qualities should you need to get Architecture Master in Europe?
A good architect must have good skills in the conception of space. An architect should have these skills:
- Skill for manual work
- Ease of freehand drawing
- Basic knowledge of physics and mathematics
- Observation capacity
- Skills for graphic, oral, and written communication
- Capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Interest in the humanities (art, culture, sociology, psychology)
- Ability to build three-dimensional objects with materials such as cardboard, paper, bags, etc.
- Mastery of organization and order
Test: 10 questions for being an architect
- Do you like to design models in cardboard, paper, or other materials?
- Does the way a building is constructed to catch your attention?
- Can you imagine how space could be better used?
- Do you like to make plans?
- Are you interested in construction games?
- Are you passionate about seeing the way construction is erected?
- Are you interested in the buildings’ details, such as the internal decoration and the colors of the place?
- Does the lighting of a place catch your attention?
- Are you interested in the great architectural works of the world?
- Does art excite you?
If your answers are yes, you most likely have the required profile to study Architecture.
What do you find more interesting?
The most interesting thing is that you learn to create spaces. You have to imagine how you can get the most out of the space, the materials, and the idea of life that the people who are going to inhabit the place have. You have to combine budget, space, wishes, and aspirations.
What would you like to work on?
Well, I would love to get into an architectural firm in the country. I really like the idea of working with large buildings like hotels, schools, hospitals, etc. But for that, you have to specialize. Ideally, you can start designing in the area that is of interest to you.
Can you help us with a true and false about Architecture?
Drawing skills. True. You have to sketch and make drawings by hand of what you imagine for the designing spaces. You should be able to draw the different planes of an object or a building.
Do many things on paper or cardboard. True. You constantly have to assemble models, which requires a lot of time, many accidents with the cutter, and a lot of use of materials such as cardboard, small scale images, and rubber.
Know about design and art from the beginning. False. The career will train you and give you the necessary skills so that your jobs are better and better. It also gives you the training to know how to think like an architect and how to imagine places.
You become a millionaire with architecture. False. It depends a lot on your clients, the contacts you have, or those you manage to create over time. The scope in Europe is more limited. It’s 99% good clients and 1% talented.
In Europe, you can work privately and publicly. In public, you can work in the Architecture Departments of state institutions. In the private sector, you can enter a consolidated architecture company. You can also work in Teaching, but it is better to enter if you have experience and combine classes with real experience. After about seven years, you can think about starting your own company.
What does it take to exercise?
You must be collegiate and have a Bachelor’s degree in the career. With a university bachelor’s degree, you can hardly do anything and you cannot sign any document. The College gives you a diploma with which you can practice.
If you want to know more about this career, you can visit the architecture career profile that we have prepared on our portal, where you can find more information about the universities that teach it.