If you are planning to buy a new water heater for the house then this article will help you in making the right decision. Most plumbing contractors suggest buying tankless water heaters Piedmont SC because of its overloaded benefits. So, in this article let us discuss some of the main advantages of the tankless water heater and some disadvantages of the tankless system.
Advantages of tankless water heater:
- Efficiency: The main factor considered by most customers while buying a new water heater is its cost. By using a tankless water heater the monthly energy bills can be reduced because of its energy efficiency. Tankless water heater for small families which use approximately 41 gallons of water daily has 24% to 34% more efficiency. So that the family can annually save a hundred The cost of tankless water heaters installation Greenville SC is also less when compared with the tank water heater system. This is one of the main advantages for a budget-conscious person.
- Life: If you are planning to replace the water heater then knowing the extended life advantage of the tankless water heater will be very useful. On average, the life span of the traditional tank heater is ten years but the life expectancy of the tankless water heater is 20 years which is double the old traditional system. This advantage is one of the deciding points for the house owners who are planning to stay for a long period.
- Wait time: The main point of a water heater is to heat the water effectively. The functionality of the tankless water heater remains the same even if it needs less energy and space for its work. The time for heating the water by a tankless water heater will take less time when compared with the tank heating system. A continual stream of water heating is also possible with a tankless water heating system. So, people who complain about cold showers can buy tankless water heating systems.
- Space: Some house owners prefer tankless water heating systems because of the space-saving benefit. The normal size of a traditional water heater with a tank is around 60 inches but the size of the tankless water heater is a maximum of 10 inches. By installing a tankless water heater you can save space and use it for storing towels, bath items, or even any household items. It will be very useful for house owners who are planning to remodel the bathroom shortly.
- Safety: Safety is the main deciding factor for families with the elder person and small kids. There are chances for overheating or explosion in the traditional heating system. Since the tankless water heating system stores little water, chances of explosion or overheating are very rare. Water leakage in the tankless water heating system is less likely but there are high chances for water leakage in the traditional heating system.
Disadvantages of tankless water heater:
Before making the final decision, knowing the disadvantage of the tankless water heater is also important. So, the two main disadvantages of the tankless water heater are listed below:
- Initial cost: The initial cost of purchasing a tankless water heater and installing it is double times higher than the purchase and installation cost of the traditional storage heater. If you are in the need of sudden replacement of the heater then allocating a budget for buying a tankless water heating system is a little difficult. But considering on a long-term basis investing money for purchasing a new tankless water heating system is worth it because you can save money on the monthly energy bill and also the lifespan of the tankless heater is more so that frequent repair and replacement cost can also be saved.
Multiple demands: Single tankless water heaters may not be sufficient for large families where the water demand is simultaneous. The limit of a tankless water heater may exceed when the washing machine, dishwasher, and shower are running at the same time. So for continuous heat water flow the large families must install an extra tankless water heater based on the load. Determining the capacity needed is very important before buying a heating system. You can enjoy all the benefits of a heating unit only when you buy the correct capacity unit which suits your house needs. For more information regarding tankless water heaters Piedmont SC call Ace Plumbing at (864) 908-4361.